Consist of records which are very valuable and of national importance. Among them are some copies of records of the Portuguese period; Records of the Dutch period 1640-1796: Land Tombo, Head Tombo and School Tombo Council Minutes and practically all records of the Dutch administration in the Island; Records of the British Period 1796-1947; copies of Crown Grants, Grain Tax Registers, Nila Pangu & Praveni Pangu Registers. Records after independence 1948; Government, Semi Government and of other institutions.
Donated or Purchased Papers
1. Manuscripts and Books from Institutions and Individuals
2. Horagolla library – Bandaranaiake family records
3. Times Collection
Collected /Deposited Material
1. Historical Manuscripts from temples and other private individuals.
2. Collection of Election Literature.
1. Maps of the Portuguese, Dutch and British periods (1505-1947)
2. Maps of Sri Lanka since Independence (Surveyor General’s Maps)
1. Ordinances 1796-1947
2. Government Gazettes 1802
3. Blue Books 1821-1937
4. Sessional Papers 1860 onwards
5. Administration Reports 1867 onwards
Hansards 1870 onwards
6. Other publications (1885 onwards)